Germanwings' Second Black Box Confirms Purposeful Plane Crash
Data from the second black box of crashed Germanwings aircraft have confirmed suspicions that the second pilot, Andreas Lubitz, most probably intentionally slammed the plane into a mountainside, AFP reported on Friday.
The second black box of the plane was found on Thursday evening.
Initial analyses made by French investigators showed that Lubitz had used autopilot to lower the aircraft to a height of 30 meters. During the descent the automatic speed settings had been amended several times, increasing the speed.
According to the information released, the plane crashed into the mountainside in the French Alps some 100 km north of Nice at a speed of 700 kilometers per hour, instantly killing all 150 people on board.
Meanwhile, the German Prosecutor's Office in D?sseldorf announced Thursday that Lubitz had been searching for suicide methods and information on the security systems of cockpit doors. The information had been retrieved from his personal computer seized by investigators at his home.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 395 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Moscow’s Advance in Bakhmut is Slowing Down
- » Biden: US does not seek Conflict with Iran but will respond "Forcefully" to protect its Personnel
- » Day 394 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West must Prepare for a Long War, according to NATO Chief
- » North Korea tested an Underwater Nuclear-Capable Attack Drone
- » New Protests in France against the Pension Reform turned into Riots
- » Hungary will not Arrest Putin if he visits the country