Massive Police Operation Taking Place in Bulgaria's Varna
A specialised police operation is taking place in Bulgaria's Black Sea capital Varna on Friday, announced Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
Thus, Borisov, who is on a visit to Varna, confirmed earlier accounts of the ongoing operation, private bTV station reports.
At present details on the exact nature of the operation are scarce and it is expected that further information will be provided later.
A temporary checkpoint has been set up at the beginning of the Asparuhov bridge in the direction towards the city of Burgas.
Borisov expressed hope that the Interior Ministry will fulfill its expectations of capturing the suspected persons.
The Prime Minister announced that more information will be disclosed in the afternoon from the director of the General Directorate Combating Organised Crime (GDBOP).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend