Bulgaria’s Parliament Elects Teodora Tochkova Chief Judicial Inspector
Teodora Tochkova has been elected Chief Judicial Inspector at the Inspectorate of the Supreme Judicial Council (VSS).
Tochkova, Chair of the Haskovo Administrative Court, was elected with 195 votes in favor and one vote against.
The other candidate was Vera Chochkova, criminal law judge at the Sofia City Court.
Chochkova was backed by 35 votes, with two votes against and 124 abstentions, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
The two candidates were not asked any questions during the discussion in Parliament.
Tochkova has over 20 years of experience in the judicial system.
The Inspectorate at VSS is an independent body responsible for monitoring the activity of the judicial authorities without infringing their independence.
The Chief Judicial Inspector at the Inspectorate of the Supreme Judicial Council has a five-year term in office.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Still Warm and Quiet
- » PM Borissov LIVE: Compromise Will Be Made Only to Education
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warm and Quiet
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sun Breaks Through Clouds, Gets Warmer
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow Warning for Freezing Cold
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Responds to President’s Criticism: Let Him Tell Me What Money to Stop Spending