Subway Trains to Sofia Airport Start Running at 1 pm on April 2
The subway section to Sofia Airport starts functioning Thursday at 1 pm.
Starting 1 pm on Thursday until midnight, passengers who board a train at one of the new stations will travel free of charge across the entire subway network in Sofia.
The new subway section, which has four stations, including Druzhba, Iskarsko Shose, Sofiyska Sveta gora, and Sofia Airport, will service the residents of the Druzhba residential districts and the nearby districts, according to reports of Darik radio.
The launch of the new subway section necessitates changes to the routes of a number of buses, including bus line # 10 and bus line # 384, in order to provide people with a direct connection to the new subway stations.
The official ceremony for the launch of the new subway section starts at 10 am on Thursday and will be attended by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, Deputy Prime Minister Tomislav Donchev, and Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
The project for the 5-km extension of the first line of the Sofia subway network from the Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd to Sofia Airport has a price tag of BGN 407 M, with BGN 215 M of the total provided under operational program Transport 2007-2013, according to the press office of Bulgaria’s Transport Ministry.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Finland Halts Regular Travel from Estonia as Part of Anti-Epidemic Measures
- » Humanoid Robots Find Increasingly New Niches Amid Pandemic
- » Politico: Bulgaria’s Bumpy Road to Vaccination Targets
- » Trials of Magical Anti-Covid Nasal Spray Started off in UK
- » Germany Will Buy The Covid Drug Used on Donald Trump
- » Oxfam Report: Pandemic Makes The Rich Get Richer And The Poor Get Poorer