281 Illegal Migrants Detained at Border with Romania Since Start of 2015
Since the beginning of the new year, 281 migrants have been detained as they attempted to cross the Bulgaria-Romania border illegally.
This was announced by the department of the Border Police in the Bulgarian city of Ruse, private bTV station reports.
The vast majority of migrants were detained at the border checkpoint Danube Bridge, which links Ruse with the Romanian town of Giurgiu.
The last two such cases were on Monday evening and Tuesday morning, when a total of seven illegal migrants were detained.
Three Syrian citizens attempted to bypass the border checks at the bridge, but were detained by a patrol.
Another four migrants from Afghanistan were detained in Ruse on a freight train, which was traveling from Turkey to Germany.
The detained people will be transported to the distribution centre for illegal migrants in the town of Elhovo.
- » White Brotherhood of Bulgaria Gather for Supernatural-like Ritual near Rila Lakes
- » The Fire in the Old Landfill in Svishtov is Under Control, Crews on Site are Monitoring the Situation
- » This Year Bulgaria has Allocated BGN 70 Million for Reclamation of Old Landfills
- » Global Game Industry is Stepping into Bulgaria
- » Carriers will be Able to Test the TOL System
- » A New Case of African Swine Fever in Plovdiv and Lovech