Czech President: Joint European Army Will be Cheaper, More Effective
Czech President Milos Zeman reaffirmed on Tuesday his support for the creation of a joint European military.
According to Zeman, a joint European army will be cheaper and more effective in the present circumstances, Praha Radio reports.
The Czech President said that the US was no longer capable of addressing all problems that affect Europe.
Through the creation of a joint army, Europe will be able to help the US in dealing with global threats and crisis situations.
Zeman added that through such an arrangement, Europe would face aggression better regardless of its origin.
The President of the Czech Republic had first expressed the idea last year, when he spoke of a second NATO pillar.
In Zeman's words, a second pillar, which should take the shape of a European army, will complement the US one.
According to him, this will be completely in line with the trend of European integration.
Recently, European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker had expressed a similar sentiment towards a common European army.
In Juncker's opinion, this will send a signal to Russia that the EU is “serious about upholding its values”.
Contrary to other European leaders, who have refused to attend the May 9 celebrations in Moscow, Zeman will participate in the commemoration of the 70th anniversary of Victory Day.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Мatch for Ukraine is decided between Washington and Moscow
- » Challenges of Energy Security in Europe: Can Algeria be an Alternative to Russia?
- » Iveta Cherneva: The Republicans will Win the Midterms – We will Witness Trump’s Return
- » The US Midterms are a Referendum on Trump
- » The US Midterms: Republican Control means more Focus on Eastern Europe
- » Russian Court's Ban of Newspaper Novaya Gazeta is a Punch in the Face of Freedom of Speech