GOVERNMENT DECIDED ON PM`S FORMER GUARD
Politics | August 30, 2001, Thursday // 00:00
The government unanimously decided to propose to President Petar Stoyanov to decree the appointment of Boyko Borisov for Chief secretary of the Interior Ministry. During the debate that preceded the vote, the Agriculture Minister Mehmed Dikme raised the issue on Borissov` participation in the ethnic Turks forced renaming during the Communist era in 1989. Borissov said that he had nothing to be ashamed of since his only task during the so-called `regeneration campaign` was to `guard the crops and haystacks and see that the campaign was peaceful,` quoted by BTA. The Commission that checks involvement with the former State Security has not yet looked through Borissov`s dossier. Interior Minister Georgi Petkanov said that the possibility that Borissov is a former informer is highly unlikely. Boyko Borisov is currently Director of the private Yppon Protection. He was a guard of the Prime Minister Simeon Saxe-Coburg during his election campaign. Borissov also used to be guard of the format Bulgarian communist dictator Todor Zhivkov after he was overthrown at the end of 1989.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Executive Director of Europol: Bulgaria has our Support for Schengen
- » The Bulgarian Socialist Party submitted a draft decision to remove the Immunity of Boyko Borissov
- » Bulgaria's Parliament approved a New Contract of 7.2 Million Dollars for the F-16s
- » Bulgaria: PM Denkov will personally monitor the activity of 13 Departments, Mariya Gabriel - 4
- » Bulgaria: Pro-Russian Parties attended an event at the Russian Embassy in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: WCC-DB demanded that Peevski leave the Committee on Constitutional Affairs