One Shot Dead, One Injured in Gate-Crashing Attack at US’ NSA HQ
Two men tried to ram a vehicle through the main gate to the United States National Security Agency headquarters building on Monday, the CNN reported.
NSA police shot one of the men dead and seriously injured the second. Their identities aren’t available yet.
A guard got into a confrontation with two men disguised as women who were trying to smash their way into the facility, NBC News reported, adding a gun and drugs were found in the vehicle the men were riding in.
Sources told ABC News that both men involved in the incident were in a stolen SUV.
Helicopter video footage from the scene showed two damaged vehicles near the main gate of the facility in Fort Meade, Maryland, some 30 km northeast of Washingon D.C.
Emergency workers could be seen loading an injured man into an ambulance.
There is no information yet about the motives of the two men.
Around 40,000 people work at Fort Meade, a heaviliy guarded military base which is home to the NSA, the United States intelligence agency in charge of global monitoring, collection, decoding, translation and analysis of information and data for foreign intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The agency is also responsible for protection of US government communications and information systems against hackers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Roberta Metsola Elected as President of the EP on her Birthday
- » Indonesia is Moving its Capital
- » Ukrainian MP at the EP: Any Arms Embargo against Ukraine must Fall
- » A winter storm has left thousands without electricity in the United States
- » Serbia votes in favor of EU-backed judicial reform, Vucic himself announces result
- » China has called for no imports because of Omicron