Metro Extension to Business Park Sofia to Open on 8 May
The Metro extension to Business Park Sofia will open for passengers on 8 May, according to Stoyan Bratoev, director of the Sofia underground railway system.
Local Presa daily quoted Bratoev as saying the two new extensions to the Red Line – to the Business Park in the southeastern outskirts of the city close to the outer ring road, and the international airport in the northeastern part of Bulgaria’s capital – cost a combined EUR 119 M in EU funding.
The average price of one kilometer of the underground sections of the two extensions is EUR 17 M, while a kilometer of the surface sections costs EUR 11.4 M.
Empty metro trains are already travelling in trial runs on the extension to the airport which comprises four new stations starting at Tzarigradsko Shose, the main road connecting Sofia to Trakia motorway and Bulgaria’s second biggest city of Plovdiv.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission Comes Out With Additional Restriction for International Travellers
- » Bulgarian Business Community: We Want to Work Not to Receive Aid
- » World Economy: Foreign Direct Investments Slumped by 42 Percent in 2020
- » Bulgarian Sales Industry: Stores to Be Opened Immediately to Avoid Total Collapse
- » Tens of Thousands Protest in Russia Demanding Navalny's Release, over 2000 Arrested
- » Greece Extends Entry Restrictions Until 8 February 2021