Croatian Culture Minister Resigns Over Financial Irregularities
Croatian Culture Minister Andrea Zlatar Violic resigned on Wednesday over financial irregularities concerning her use of the ministry's funds.
Croatian Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic accepted the resignation of Violic, who apologised for her inadequate control and non-compliance with financial regulations.
Violic admitted taking EUR 6400 from the ministry's credit cards in 2013, which she later returned in installments, the Balkan Insight reports.
In her letter of resignation, she accepted responsibility for the irregularities, but said that the funds were not misused.
Violic dismissed accusations that the cash was used for travel that never occurred and for which no travel receipts were presented.
The government will soon appoint the new Culture Minister, the likely candidate being her deputy – Berislav Sipus.
This is the ninth minister to resign since the government of Prime Minister Milanovic entered into office less than three and a half years ago.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro
- » Survey: Young Serbs Hate Bulgarians, Croats and Albanians the Most
- » Tensions last night between Serbs and Kosovars
- » The Majority of Serbs are against NATO and the EU
- » Former Macedonian PM accused Sofia of a Plan for a Second Bulgarian State in the Balkans
- » The Macedonian Parliament accepted the French Proposal after fierce Debates