Croatian Culture Minister Resigns Over Financial Irregularities
Croatian Culture Minister Andrea Zlatar Violic resigned on Wednesday over financial irregularities concerning her use of the ministry's funds.
Croatian Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic accepted the resignation of Violic, who apologised for her inadequate control and non-compliance with financial regulations.
Violic admitted taking EUR 6400 from the ministry's credit cards in 2013, which she later returned in installments, the Balkan Insight reports.
In her letter of resignation, she accepted responsibility for the irregularities, but said that the funds were not misused.
Violic dismissed accusations that the cash was used for travel that never occurred and for which no travel receipts were presented.
The government will soon appoint the new Culture Minister, the likely candidate being her deputy – Berislav Sipus.
This is the ninth minister to resign since the government of Prime Minister Milanovic entered into office less than three and a half years ago.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis