Bulgarian Police Busts Burglary Ring
Bulgarian police have busted a burglary ring which operated on the territory of Varna, Targovishte, Dobrich, Stara Zagora, Burgas, and Silistra.
The police operation started on March 24, when four members of the crime group were arrested in Varna and in Sliven, according to reports of Darik radio.
Among the arrested were three men from Varna, aged 24-33, with criminal records, and the 19-year-old girlfriend of one of them.
During the investigation it was revealed that the suspects had mostly attacked shops selling mobile phones and computers, and jewellery workshops.
The offences were carried out in the period October 2014 – present.
Two members of the crime ring were arrested immediately after two burglaries in Kazanlak and in Stara Zagora.
On Thursday morning, police arrested the fifth member of the crime group, a 34-year-old man with a prior conviction.
Police inspected eight sites in Varna inhabited by the suspects and their helpers, as well as two pawnshops where they had peddled the stolen items.
A number of mobile phones and laptops were seized from the sites, some of which had been stolen.
According to preliminary results of the investigation, the crime ring was involved in at least 13 burglaries in Varna, Targovishte, Dobrich, Stara Zagora, Burgas, and Silistra.
Charges have been pressed against the five members of the burglary ring and some of them have been remanded in custody for up to 72 hours.
- » French Customs Officers Detained Cannabis for EUR 4 Million from a Bulgarian Truck
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany
- » Drugs Distribution Group in Pleven and Lovech was Busted