Two Senior Ukrainian Officials Arrested During Cabinet Meeting
Two senior Ukrainian officials were arrested during a meeting of the cabinet on Wednesday on charges of high-level corruption.
The head of Ukraine's State Emergency Service Serhiy Bochkovsky and his deputy Vasyl Stoyetsky were arrested, the BBC reports.
Both of them, who were arrested during a meeting of cabinet with a significant media presence, are accused of using fraudulent schemes in carrying out state purchases, TASS news agency reports.
According to Interior Minister Arsen Avakov, both of them used private companies to make state purchases, which were later transferred to accounts of their companies in Jersey Island.
Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk called Western agencies to investigate all transactions related to the firms in order to uncover the complete fraudulent scheme.
Yatsenyuk said that the entire vertical chain of command of the service will be dismissed.
These arrests come after the resignation of Dnipropetrovsk Governor Ihor Kolomoisky by Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko earlier on Wednesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ukraine Has a New Prime Minister
- » Zelensky's Party is the Big Winner of the Ukrainian Elections
- » Opinion: Only Patriarch Filaret will Protect Ukrainian Faithful in Diaspora
- » Ukraine Bans Entry to Russian Adult Men: Border Service Chief
- » Ukraine Attempts Anti-Putin Protest at G20
- » Bessarabian Bulgarian Among the Ukrainian Sailors Captured by Russia