KTB Majority Owner Withdraws from Botev Plovdiv PFC
Tsvetan Vasilev, the majority shareholder at troubled Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), is transferring his assets in the football club of Botev Plovdiv to the team's fans.
Until now, fans were already in possession of a minor share in Botev Plovdiv.
Vasilev announced the news on his private website [BG], adding the decision was a result of a "total attack" aimed at fully tarnishing his reputation and also damaging that of "every person, every company, even every idea and dream" that have any relation to him.
"Realizing all this... I decided that the best way I could help you at this stage is to leave things in your hands," Vasilev's statement reads further.
Vasilev says he deliberated the decision a long time and that it was a tough one to take.
He confirmed he was the club's owner in 2011 and embarked on major projects to lead the team to success, but was forced to stem the flow on investment as the crisis at KTB began in the summer of last year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World
- » After 30 years: Bulgaria Won again the Team World Title in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Women's Spanish teams Refuse to Play until the President of the Football Federation is replaced