KTB Majority Owner Withdraws from Botev Plovdiv PFC
Tsvetan Vasilev, the majority shareholder at troubled Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), is transferring his assets in the football club of Botev Plovdiv to the team's fans.
Until now, fans were already in possession of a minor share in Botev Plovdiv.
Vasilev announced the news on his private website [BG], adding the decision was a result of a "total attack" aimed at fully tarnishing his reputation and also damaging that of "every person, every company, even every idea and dream" that have any relation to him.
"Realizing all this... I decided that the best way I could help you at this stage is to leave things in your hands," Vasilev's statement reads further.
Vasilev says he deliberated the decision a long time and that it was a tough one to take.
He confirmed he was the club's owner in 2011 and embarked on major projects to lead the team to success, but was forced to stem the flow on investment as the crisis at KTB began in the summer of last year.
- » Unbelievable! Alexandra Nacheva is at the Top of the World in the Triple Jump with a Great Result
- » UFC Boise: Junior dos Santos Rolls by Bulgarian Blagoy Ivanov by Unanimous Decision
- » FIFA World Cup 2018, Final Preview: A Look at What to Expect in the Title Showdown between France and Croatia
- » Fiat Workers Strike over Ronaldo Signing
- » Croatia Becomes Smallest Nation to Reach World Cup Final since 1950
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Leaves Real Madrid for Juventus as 'New Chapter' Begins