Son of Former Ukrainian President Drowns in Lake Baikal
The younger son of former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych drowned in Lake Baikal in Russia.
Ukrainian MP Nestor Shufrych confirmed the death of Yanukovych's son, who was also called Viktor, the BBC reports.
According to Russian and Ukrainian media, Yanukovych's son died after his vehicle fell through ice on the lake while he was participating in a sporting event on Saturday.
The death of Yanukovych's son is the latest in a series of incidents involving people close to the former president.
The former regional governor, Oleksandr Peklushenko, was found in Ukraine earlier this month in what authorities believe to be a suicide.
Five other officials also died in mysterious circumstances this year.
Yanukovych, who is accused of embezzling millions of dollars in public funds, was deposited in February 2014 after massive protests opposing the president's pro-Russian orientation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Lukashenko: A Third World War with Nuclear Fire is on the Horizon
- » The Jihadists detained in Belgium, including a Bulgarian, were Preparing the Murder of the Mayor of Antwerp
- » Day 401 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Blinken urged the Americans to leave Russia immediately
- » Every 10th Resident of France is an Immigrant
- » Turkey ratifies Finland's NATO Membership
- » Donald Trump is being Indicted