Son of Former Ukrainian President Drowns in Lake Baikal
The younger son of former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych drowned in Lake Baikal in Russia.
Ukrainian MP Nestor Shufrych confirmed the death of Yanukovych's son, who was also called Viktor, the BBC reports.
According to Russian and Ukrainian media, Yanukovych's son died after his vehicle fell through ice on the lake while he was participating in a sporting event on Saturday.
The death of Yanukovych's son is the latest in a series of incidents involving people close to the former president.
The former regional governor, Oleksandr Peklushenko, was found in Ukraine earlier this month in what authorities believe to be a suicide.
Five other officials also died in mysterious circumstances this year.
Yanukovych, who is accused of embezzling millions of dollars in public funds, was deposited in February 2014 after massive protests opposing the president's pro-Russian orientation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Future of EU: Stronger Common European Policy and Creation of European Army?
- » The Arctic: MEPs Call for Peace and Reduction of Tensions in the Region
- » MEPs Push for Common EU Cyber Defense Capabilities
- » Powerful Earthquake in Pakistan, Dozens of Deaths Reported
- » NATO Expels Russian Staff
- » European Parliament Opposes Mass Surveillance