Euronews: Why Is Bulgaria the EU's Most Unhappy Country?
There are various reasons that make Bulgarians the most unhappy EU citizens, according to an article that appeared on the website of Euronews earlier this week.
The text comes following a Eurostat poll showing Bulgarians have the lowest life satisfaction compared to all citizens of member states.
Euronews reminds that Bulgaria's GDP and average annual wage are the lowest across the bloc, and that growth was hindered by the economic crisis that started late in the 2000s.
Researchers and expats are quoted as pointing to various problems, including immigration, naturally "negative outlook on life", lack of money, lack of direction, and Bulgarians pinning too much hope on EU accession.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 'Bulgaria Phone Scammers Rob, Blackmail Elderly'
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Grows Uneasy as Trump Complicates Ties to Russia
- » NY Times: As Support for EU Flags Elsewhere, Bulgaria Sees Its Benefits
- » DW: German Businesses Prefer Trade with Bulgaria over Investment
- » The Economist: Bulgaria, Moldova Presidents 'Less Pro-Russian Than Advertised'
- » AFP: Bulgaria's Radev 'Struck a Chord by Attacking the Status Quo'