Bulgaria Interior Minister Meeting with Top US, Canada Officials
Bulgarian Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova is currently in the US to hold talks with heads if domestic security agencies.
She is set to meet the chairs of the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), as well as US Attorney General Eric Holder according to a statement from the Interior Ministry.
A flight to Canada will follow these official visits, where the Bulgarian minister will take part in working meetings in Parliament and will have conversations with Minister of Public Safety Steven Blaney and Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander.
Bachvarova was appointed earlier in March after her predecessor, Veselin Vuchkov, stepped down.
Her visit to Canada will be the fist-ever paid by a Bulgarian Interior Minister.
FBI Director James Comey was on a visit to Bulgaria the same day Vuchkov handed his resignation.
- » Today is the Donald Trump Vladimir Putin Helsinki Summit
- » Ukrainian President Appoints Ambassadors to Bulgaria and Algeria
- » Uzbek-Bulgarian Trade House Opens in Sofia
- » Trump Starts his UK Tour by Threatening to Kill off US a Trade Deal
- » Bulgaria’s President Radev Talks with Donald Trump at the NATO Summit
- » Bulgaria’s President at the NATO Summit in Brussels