Landslide on the Road to Asenova Krepost Near Plovdiv Now Activated
Over the course of the past evening, massive rocks have fallen on the road to the Asenova Krepost ( Asen's Fortress) near Bulgaria's second largest town Plovdiv. The dangerous section of the road is 200 meters below the fortress itself and is 20 meters long.
As a result, the road has been closed and there warning signs have been placed. In order for more severe damages to be prevented, two emergency project teams from the Asenovgrad municipality will conduct a research on the affected portion of the road. The municipality stated that it will provide immediate funding for the restoration works.
The villages in the close vicinity, Novakovo and Topolovo, currently have no access to electricity. It is expected that by the end of the day, the rescue teams will have access to the high mountain locations.
It has been announced that the Rhodope Mountains remain quite a dangerous region, as further landslides will be activated soon after the snow starts melting.
- » Two Planes Crashed at Frankfurt Airport
- » At Least 13 People Have Died in a Severe Crash in Slovakia
- » 16 Killed in Train Crash in Bangladesh
- » Blast in Germany: Dozens of People Have Been Blocked Underground, there Are Injured
- » At Least Five Killed in an Earthquake in Iran, Many Are Injured
- » London Piccadilly Theatre Ceiling Collapsed during a Performance (VIDEO)