Landslide on the Road to Asenova Krepost Near Plovdiv Now Activated
Over the course of the past evening, massive rocks have fallen on the road to the Asenova Krepost ( Asen's Fortress) near Bulgaria's second largest town Plovdiv. The dangerous section of the road is 200 meters below the fortress itself and is 20 meters long.
As a result, the road has been closed and there warning signs have been placed. In order for more severe damages to be prevented, two emergency project teams from the Asenovgrad municipality will conduct a research on the affected portion of the road. The municipality stated that it will provide immediate funding for the restoration works.
The villages in the close vicinity, Novakovo and Topolovo, currently have no access to electricity. It is expected that by the end of the day, the rescue teams will have access to the high mountain locations.
It has been announced that the Rhodope Mountains remain quite a dangerous region, as further landslides will be activated soon after the snow starts melting.
- » More than 60 Were Killed in Blasts at Mosque in Afghanistan
- » Plane Overshot the Runway in Alaska
- » Five Casualties Following the Severe Earthquake in the Philippines
- » 35 Deaths Following a Serious Crash in Saudi Arabia
- » A Helicopter Crashed in Afghanistan, Leaving 7 Dead
- » A Plane from Moscow to Burgas Has Made an Emergency Landing after Passenger Took Gun Onboard