Bulgaria's Eva Paunova 'European Parliament's Best Newcomer' in 2015
Bulgarian MEP Eva Paunova (EPP) has been awarded for being the "best newcomer" in the European Parliament.
In The Parliament Magazine, a Brussels-based news edition, 18 MEPs were pointed as the winners for 2015.
The magazine quotes her as saying that "despite working in the European Parliament for five years [as an assistant], a lot has changed - these have been stressful and busy times, but I am very thankful for all the people who have supported, energised and inspired me".
Paunova made it into Parliament last year in the May elections, running on conservative GERB's ticket.
A statement of the EPP reads that she competed with four other MEPs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend