BGN 500 M Needed for Landslide Prevention in Bulgaria
Deputy Minister of Regional Development Nikolay Nankov announced Thursday that the dangerous landslides in Bulgaria are currently 1159.
Meanwhile, new landslides have also appeared since the beginning of the year, stated Nankov in an interview for the Bulgarian National Radio.
''There are 28 new landslides registered in Varna, Kardzhali and many others,'' he said. '' The order in terms of damage control is very strict and regulated. The problem is a financial one.''
Nankov noted that if supportive constructions are to be renovated and newly built near all landslides, the total cost of the project will amount to BGN 500 M. He, however, pointed out that newly created landslides are not included in the budget and that the number of damages increases literally every day.
In his opinion, the money currently allocated in the budget will not be sufficient to cover the costs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Because of the Climate, the US Senate approved the "Biggest Investment in History"
- » Europe and the US in Sweltering Heat, 50 Degrees in Iraq
- » Over 1,000 killed in Spain's Heatwave
- » Bulgaria: The Weather will get Hotter in the coming days
- » Bulgaria: Extreme Danger of Fires Today
- » Temperatures are Dropping, Dangerous Weather in half of Bulgaria