At Least Two Killed After Shooting in Swedish Restaurant
At least two people were killed and eight injured after a shooting took place late on Wednesday in a restaurant in the Swedish city of Gothenburg.
According to police spokeswoman Ulla Brehm, automatic weapons were used in the attack, which is likely to have been gang-related, the BBC reports.
A witness said for Swedish SVT that two men entered the restaurant, as the customers were watching a football game, and opened fire.
The attackers are believed to have fled the crime scene, while the police has sealed off the area and started an investigation
A similar incident, which is also believed to have been gang-related, took place in a Copenhagen shopping centre on Wednesday, but there were no victims.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Hungary and Poland are Against the EU's Plan to Reduce Gas Consumption
- » Romania expects Schengen Membership by the End of the Year
- » IMF urges Europe to Shift Energy Costs to Wealthier Consumers
- » The EU is preparing for an Escalation between China and the US