Cabinet Hands to President Nomination for State Security Agency Chair
The Bulgarian government proposed to the President to issue a decree for the appointment of Dimitar Georgiev as chairperson of the State Agency for National Security (DANS).
This became clear after the regular meeting of the Council of Ministers on Wednesday, the government's press service reports.
Georgiev first graduated at the Todor Kableshkov University of Transport and then was awarded a Master's degree in Economics from the South-West University Neofit Rilski.
From October 1995 to November 2005, he worked as intelligence officer and inspector at the National Security Service of the Interior Ministry.
Later he became adviser to the Chief Secretary of the Interior Ministry with the rank of police commissary.
From November 2006 to January 2011 he headed the International Operational Police Cooperation Directorate at the Interior Ministry and until 28 May 2013 he was Deputy Interior Minister.
- » Intelligent Transport System Will Be Built on Trakia Motorway
- » Beer Production in Bulgaria is Becoming More Environmentally Friendly
- » Sofia Climbed 29 Positions in the World Ranking of the most Expensive Cities
- » The Bulgarian Government will Allocate Easter Bonuses to Pensioners
- » The Bulgarian Economy - 67% of Services, 28% of Industry and 5% of Agriculture
- » Most Wanted Workers by Sectors and Professions in February in Bulgaria