Unemployment in Bulgaria Stood at 11 % in February
The level of unemployment in Bulgaria was 11 % in February, which represents a decrease of 0.1 % compared to January.
Compared to February 2014, the level of unemployment dropped with 1.2 %, daily Dnevnik reports.
The number of people registered as unemployed at the employment agency amounted to 361 176, which is 2788 less people compared to January.
Compared to a year ago, the number of unemployed people has decreased with 39 767.
In February 17 006 unemployed people were recruited, the majority of them - 13 897 becoming employed in the real economy.
Employers had announced 13 526 vacant positions in February, two thirds of which were in the private sector.
The sectors, which are of greatest need of personnel are the process manufacturing, trade, hotels and restaurants.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Inspections of Fast Loan Companies are starting all over the country
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » Bulgaria: The Budget Committee accepted the Budget Extension
- » Bulgarian National Bank: We are on the Final stretch on the Road to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria imported over 55,000 tons of Fresh Vegetables and 66,000 tons of Fruit in January and February
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking