Bulgaria Is Among Uber's Fastest Growing Markets
The mobile application for taxi services Uber has been downloaded by Bulgarian users more than 5,000 times, since the service entered the local market on December 9, 2014.
Meanwhile, the service UberX has also been launched to offer clients a low cost option.
In the words of Paul Faket, Uber's International Expansion Director, the app has been used over 200, 000 times over the course of the past three months.
He stated in an interview for business website Investor.bg that the average rating received by customers to the drivers has been 4.8 out of 5, noting that the score is exceptional.
Faket added that Bulgaria is deemed to be one of Uber's fastest growing markets in the world.
Meanwhile, the service could soon be offered in other cities across the country, besides the capital Sofia.
''Our goal is to be everywhere where we posisbly can and to exercise a positive influence thus making cities more efficient, smarter and in a way to bring the world to the next level, modernizing the systems we collaborate with,'' stated Patrick Studener, Director of Uber's Expansion in Central and Eastern Europe.
The company also announced that it is likely to open an engineering unit in Sofia. Uber has currently employed 50 people in the field.
Studener noted that at least two of them are Bulgarians that the company has managed to bring back home from other countries in Europe.
''We are still looking to hire additional 30,40 to 50 engineers,'' he added. ''This will obviously take some time and a lot of investments for us in Bulgaria, but so far things have been going pretty great.''
Both Uber representatives noted the good startUP climate in the country and the favorable conditions for business development.
They, however, refused to comment on the announced protests by Bulgarian taxi drivers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Allianz Risk Barometer 2022: Cyber Threats Overtake Covid-19 in Ranking for Biggest Global Business Risks
- » Bulgaria: Bread and Grain Products Rose in Price more than the Average Inflation
- » Bulgaria: One Billion BGN are Provided in the 2022 Budget for Food Vouchers
- » Bulgarian Experts: Life will Continue to Become More Expensive in the Coming Months
- » Ireland has Lifted almost All Restrictions due to Large Number of Booster Doses
- » The Fitch BBB Rating of Bulgaria with a Positive Outlook has been Confirmed