Bulgarian Car Tyre Maker Vidachim Axes 314 Workers
Over 300 employees of Bulgaria’s Vidin-based car tyre maker Vidachim will be unemployed as of Monday.
Vidachim, one of the largest companies in Bulgaria’s poorest northwestern region, will issue redundancy notices to 314 of its 446 workers amid a lack of orders, according to reports of private TV station Nova TV.
The company is resorting to staff cuts because it cannot provide work for its employees and pay their salaries and social security contributions.
Milcho Tsokov, head of the Vidin-based employment office, said that the chance of the axed Vidachim workers to find jobs immediately was negligible.
The Vidin-based car tyre maker has implemented staff cuts in the past four months, downsizing its headcount by nearly 100 people, according to Sega daily.
According to the local unit of the General Labor Inspectorate, the January salaries of Vidachim workers have been paid.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Chairman of BAIC: Bankruptcies in Bulgaria are Inevitable, the Economy will Stop
- » Digital Real Estate 101: 3 Tips To Generate Passive Income
- » Forecast: Basic Food Prices in Bulgaria will Rise by Another 7% by the End of the Year
- » Bulgarians Living Abroad have Started Sending Less Money to their Relatives in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian President Radev Called for the Causes of the Energy Crisis not to be Politicized
- » Winter Tourism: Bulgaria Expects a Serious Growth of Tourists in Ski Resorts