EU to Grant Bulgaria BGN 10 M in Funding on Refugee Projects
The European Commission is to fund Bulgaria in the amount of BGN 10 M on emergency measures on account of the increased influx of emigrants in the country.
A delegation of the European Commission arrived in Bulgaria Wednesday in order to explore in debt the issue as the country has submitted a funding application.
During the visit, the delegation had the opportunity of meeting with Deputy PM on coordination of EU policies Meglena Kuneva as well as the Chair of the State Agency for Refugees Nikola Kazakov.
The amount needed to fund Bulgaria was eventually set at BGN 10 M and will be utilized for renovation and sustainance of the current camps for asylum seekers across the country. The creation of a new trailer park in case of an increased refugee influx is also included in the preliminary plan. The Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund to the European Commission will be utilized for the employment and salaries of additional interpreters and translators in the refugee centers.
The rest of the financing is to be used for finding housing of people who have already been granted refugee statute in order to help them in the initial adaptation period.
In this way, some additional capacity will be ensured in the current centers without further straining of the national budget.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend