Bulgaria Spent nearly BGN 700 M on Participation in NATO Missions in 2004-2014
Bulgaria has spent a total of BGN 689 177 485 on the participation of Bulgarian military personnel in NATO missions in the period 2004-2014, according to Defense Minister Nikolay Nenchev.
Nenchev announced in Parliament that the budget of the Defense Ministry for 2015 envisaged a total of BGN 23 260 000 to be spent on the participation of Bulgarian troops in NATO operations.
Bulgaria’s government approved Wednesday the participation of 21 Bulgarians in NATO’s Resolute Support Mission in Afghanistan, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
The Bulgarians will provide communication and information support to the Kabul-based headquarters of the mission from July 1, 2015 until January 30, 2016.
According to data of Bulgaria’s Foreign Ministry, a total of 12 802 Bulgarians participated in missions and operations of NATO in the first 10 years of Bulgaria’s NATO membership, including 2 304 officers, 2 942 sergeants, 7 530 soldiers and sailors, and 26 public officials.
In the period 2004-2014, Bulgarian troops took part in NATO operations in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Afghanistan, Kosovo, Iraq, and near the shores of Somalia, as well as Operation Active Endeavour (OAE) aimed at combating terrorism in the Mediterranean, and the NATO's Operation Unified Protector off the Libyan shores.
- » Eight Allies,Including Bulgaria, Join Forces in Romania for Exercise SCORPIONS FURY 18
- » Bulgaria and Armenia Discuss Possibilities For Joint Military Exercises
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Joining the UN Pact on Migration First Must be Discussed in Parliament
- » Austria Accuses Colonel of Spying for Russia for Decades
- » Trump in Paris Slams Macron's 'Insulting' EU Army Proposals
- » The Bulgarian and Romanian Naval Forces Started their Annual Exercise Poseidon 2018