Deputy Chair of Sofia City Court Resigns
Chairman of Bulgaria's Supreme Court of Cassation (VKS) Lozan Panov announced that one of the deputy chairs of Sofia City Court (SGS) – judge Ivo Dachev resigned on Wednesday.
Although both Panov and Justice Minister Hristo Ivanov have demanded the immediate resignation of SGS's management en bloc, this has not happened to date, Darik radio reports.
The resignation of Vladimira Yaneva as chair of SGS has been followed only by that of deputy chair Dachev, while three other judges retain their positions.
The Supreme Judicial Council (VSS) voted unanimously to remove Yaneva from office, after she had been accused of illegally authorising the use of special intelligence means (SRS).
VKS judge Vladimir Yordanov was appointed as interim chair of SGS.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend