Bulgaria’s Govt Proposes Georgi Kostov as New Interior Ministry Chief Secretary
Bulgaria’s government has nominated Georgi Kostov as new Chief Secretary of the Interior Ministry following the resignation of Svetlozar Lazarov.
The cabinet has proposed to President Rosen Plevneliev to accept Lazarov’s resignation and appoint Kostov to the post.
Kostov currently is serving as Deputy Chief Secretary of the Interior Ministry.
The government has also proposed to the President to accept the resignation of the chief of domestic security service DANS Vladimir Pisanchev.
DANS deputy director Nedyalko Nedyalkov will fulfil Pisanchev’s duties until a new head of the agency is appointed.
Deputy Interior Minister Tsvyatko Georgiev is one of the most likely successors to Pisanchev, Trud daily said on Monday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend