Avalanche Hits Bulgaria's Pirin Mountain Slopes
A huge avalanche has fallen over the right slope of the Pirin mountain near the Baderitsa hut.
After the accident one person has been left under the snow piles, witnesses reported.
''Twenty rescue team members are currently working on the slope and are attempting to find the person, but there is a new avalanche approaching as well,'' said head of the Bulgarian Red Cross Hristo Grigorov, who is on the site, in an interview for the Bulgarian National Radio.
He added that rescue dogs were brought from Bansko to the scene and will help in the emergency operation so that the second avalanche can be avoided.
Grigorov stated that the situation is quite extreme and there is a heavy fog over the site and appealed to skiers and snowboarders to only practice the sports in the designated ski tracks.
On Sunday, three snowboarders died after being hit by an avalanche in the Pirin mountain.
- » Explosion at a Dobrich Gas Station Killed a Woman, Another is in a Hospital
- » Five People Rushed to Hospital after Turbulence at a Flight to Germany
- » Fire Delays the Sofia-Varna Express Train
- » At Least 30 People Were Injured in a Severe Accident between a Train and a Truck in Japan
- » Powerful Explosion Affected Three Buildings in Antwerp, There Are Injured
- » The Bodies of 25 Killed in a California Cruise Ship Fire Were Discovered