Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Prepares for Showdown with Federer
Bulgaria's top male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov prepares for the BNP Paribas Showdown with Roger Federer in Madison Square Garden in New York.
The encounter between Dimitrov and Federer, which will be the culmination of the World Tennis Day, promises to turn into a real spectacle.
Federer, who is the greatest active tennis player with 17 Grand Slam titles, will face rising star Dimitrov, who currently occupies 11th place in the ATP ranking.
This will be a third participation for the Swiss player in the show, while the Bulgarian will make his first appearance.
This will be the fourth encounter between Federer and Dimitrov, the Swiss having won all three previous matches convincingly without even losing a set.
It will be preceded by a match between female tennis legends Monica Seles and Gabriela Sabatini, which will commemorate the 25th anniversary of their WTA Finals five set match.
The BNP Paribas Showdown is a one-night tennis exhibition, which has been held at the “World's Most Famous Arena” each February or March since 2008.
The match between Dimitrov and Federer is scheduled to start around 4 a.m. Bulgarian time on March 11 and will be broadcasted live on BNT HD.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Korea Will Skip Tokyo Olympics over Covid-19 Concerns
- » North Macedonia Scores Stunning Win over Germany in World Cup Qualifying
- » Three Gold Medals for Boryana Kalein at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Lost 0:2 to Italy in Second Consecutive WC Qualification in Sofia
- » Bulgaria is World Champion in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Bulgaria Started with 1:3 Defeat to Switzerland WC Qualifications