Bulgarian Arms & Ammo Maker Dunarit Could Export Products via Intermediaries
Bulgarian Ruse-based arms and ammunition manufacturer Dunarit may continue its production activity despite the suspension of its import and export license, according to Economy Minister Bozhidar Lukarski.
Lukarski presented Monday the results of a one-hour meeting with representatives of trade unions Labor Confederation “Podkrepa” and the Confederation of Independent Trade Unions in Bulgaria (CITUB).
He told journalists that Dunarit’s output could be exported by intermediaries authorized to conduct such operations.
In end-February, the Interministerial Council on Defense Industry and Security of Supply at the Council of Ministers suspended the license of Dunarit for the import, export, and transfer of weapons for a period of six months.
The motion also included the brokering of weapons manufactured by the company.
Lukarski claimed that the decision on Dunarit had been necessitated by the existence of an objective threat to the financial stability of the country.
The authorities refused to disclose details related to the case, stressing that it involved classified information.
Speaking after Monday’s meeting with trade unionists, Lukarski informed that the managers of Dunarit could access the classified information elucidating the reason behind the suspension of the license during the appeals procedure of the decision.
Bulgaria’s Economy Minister acknowledged the gravity of the situation, adding that a potential closure of Dunarit would leave around 750 people unemployed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian iGaming Industry enjoying American Expansion
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum brought Together over 300 Businesses and Organizations in Burgas
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum opens Today in Burgas
- » Unfair Import of Millions of Eggs from Ukraine: Bulgarian Producers
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast