Bulgaria's Govt Asks Parliament to Dismiss Interior Minister Vuchkov
Bulgaria's government has proposed to Parliament to dismiss Interior Minister Veselin Vuchkov, BGNES news outlet reported on Monday.
The minority coalition cabinet led by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov also proposed to lawmakers to elect Deputy Prime Minister Rumyana Bachvarova as new Interior Minister.
Vuchkov resigned from the post on 4 March. Borisov accepted Vuchkov's resignation on the same day.
In an interview with Nova TV station Vuchkov explained that the reason for his resignation was Borisov's opposition to Vuchkov's demand for the replacement of Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov as well as the director of State Agency for National Security DANS Vladimir Pisanchev and the head of the secret surveillance department DATO Tsvetan Kitov.
- » UK Parliament Rejects Brexit Deal in Historic Vote
- » Bulgarian Parliament’s Legal Committee Rejected President's Veto on Penal Code
- » Bulgarian Defence Committee Approved Negotiating Mandate for Acquiring F-16 Aircrafts
- » British PM Faces Confidence Vote after Brexit Humiliation
- » Sebastian Kurz: The Bulgarian Presidency Opened a New Era in the Importance of the Western Balkans
- » 143 Schools and Kindergartens in Bulgaria have been Closed due to Flu and Bad Weather