Bulgaria's Govt Asks Parliament to Dismiss Interior Minister Vuchkov
Bulgaria's government has proposed to Parliament to dismiss Interior Minister Veselin Vuchkov, BGNES news outlet reported on Monday.
The minority coalition cabinet led by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov also proposed to lawmakers to elect Deputy Prime Minister Rumyana Bachvarova as new Interior Minister.
Vuchkov resigned from the post on 4 March. Borisov accepted Vuchkov's resignation on the same day.
In an interview with Nova TV station Vuchkov explained that the reason for his resignation was Borisov's opposition to Vuchkov's demand for the replacement of Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov as well as the director of State Agency for National Security DANS Vladimir Pisanchev and the head of the secret surveillance department DATO Tsvetan Kitov.
- » Zoran Zaev Began a Political Purge in His Party
- » Australian Prison Activist Ends Hunger Strike in Bulgarian Jail
- » Bulgaria Opens a New Section of Struma Motorway after Blagoevgrad
- » Construction of "Europe" Motorway in Bulgaria has Began
- » European Elections 2019: 2,575 Registered Observers
- » European Parliament Elections Start Today