Bulgaria's Govt Asks Parliament to Dismiss Interior Minister Vuchkov
Bulgaria's government has proposed to Parliament to dismiss Interior Minister Veselin Vuchkov, BGNES news outlet reported on Monday.
The minority coalition cabinet led by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov also proposed to lawmakers to elect Deputy Prime Minister Rumyana Bachvarova as new Interior Minister.
Vuchkov resigned from the post on 4 March. Borisov accepted Vuchkov's resignation on the same day.
In an interview with Nova TV station Vuchkov explained that the reason for his resignation was Borisov's opposition to Vuchkov's demand for the replacement of Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov as well as the director of State Agency for National Security DANS Vladimir Pisanchev and the head of the secret surveillance department DATO Tsvetan Kitov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How will Bulgarians Pay and Vote Electronically in the Future
- » Bulgarian Political Party blocked a Road in Protest of North Macedonia’s EU Membership
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria: We give you Gas at Excellent Prices, Direct Flights will be Restored
- » Russian Ambassador to Bulgarian PM: The Word “Corruption” addressed to Putin is an Insult
- » The Metal Bars put at the Entrance of Bulgaria’s Parliament will be Removed
- » The Defense Ministers of Bulgaria and North Macedonia: We are Ready to Strengthen Cooperation