EU Commission Head Juncker Proposes to Set up European Army
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has called for the creation of a European army to react credibly to threats to the EU member states or their neighbours.
"Such an army would help us to build a common foreign and security policy, as well as jointly assume the responsibilities of Europe in the world," RIA Novosti quoted Juncker as saying in an interview for Germany's Welt am Sonntag published on Sunday.
Juncker added that creating joint European armed forces would send a signal to Russia that the EU is "serious about upholding” its values.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Prepares Second Lawsuit against AstraZeneca over Covid-19 Vaccine Delays
- » Today May 9 Europe Celebrate Europa Day
- » EU Declares Plan to Cut Dependency on China
- » British Ships Will Patrol Sea Around Jersey after Post-Brexit Tensions Between UK and France
- » EU Preparing ‘rapid’ Assistance to COVID-struggling India
- » EU Is About to Sign Record Deal with Pfizer for Vaccines