Bulgaria Lost First Match Against Latvia in Davis Cup
Bulgaria lost its first match against Latvia in Group II Europe/Africa Zone of the Davis Cup on Friday.
Aleksandar Lazov lost to Martins Podzus with 3:6, 5:7, 5:7 in a match that lasted slightly over two hours and a half, daily Dnevnik reports.
The match did not start well for Lazov, who conceded a break and came 1:4 behind.
The Bulgarian managed to return a break and lessened the difference to 3:4.
However Podzus made a decisive second break and closed the set with 6:3.
The Latvian won the second set after achieving the only break, which came in the eleventh game.
Lazov conceded a new break in the third set, but managed to equalise for 4:4.
After that the Bulgarian requested a medical timeout due to a muscle problem, but continued the match.
Podzus achieved a new break and closed the set with 7:5.
Bulgaria is competing in the Davis Cup without both of its top tennis players Grigor Dimitrov and Dimitar Kutrovsky.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Cup 2022: Riots in Belgium and the Netherlands after Morocco's Victory
- » World Cup 2022: Japan with a memorable Comeback - Stun Germany 2-1
- » World Cup 2022 sensation: Saudi Arabia defeated Argentina
- » Qatar 2022: Iran's Players refused to sing their National Anthem
- » The World is Football! World Cup 2022 in Qatar begins
- » Beer will be Banned from World Cup stadiums in Qatar