Agriculture Ministry, Tobacco Producers Agree on Distribution of BGN 107 M in Top-up Payments
After nine hours of debates between senior officials of Bulgaria’s Agriculture Ministry and representatives of organizations of producers of different brands of tobacco, agreement was reached on the distribution of a total of BGN 107 M earmarked for top-up payments in the sector.
The two sides agreed on the following method of distribution, according to the press office of the Agriculture Ministry:
Tobacco of the Basmi variety group: 0-1000kg - BGN 39 per kg; 1001-2000kg – BGN 3 per kg; 2001- 45 million kg – BGN 2 per kg;
Kaba Kulak Type Tobacco - BGN 1.58 per kg;
Burley tobacco - BGN 1.15 per kg;
Virginia tobacco - BGN 0.91 per kg;
The decision is to be approved at a meeting of the Consultative Council on Tobacco next week.
Agriculture Minister Desislava Taneva, as cited by dnevnik.bg, reminded that the money allocated under the state budget was not a subsidy for the production of tobacco but for the reorientation to other alternative cultures.
Stressing that the opportunities of the state for supporting the tobacco sector decreased with each year, she made clear that tobacco producers could apply for funding for their new projects under the Rural Development Program 2014-2020.
- » The Automobile Industry in Bulgaria Needs Large Industrial Zones and 45 000 Workers
- » The Sun: Bulgaria is the Cheapest Place for a Family Holiday – AND it Costs Less than in 2017
- » Euronews: Bulgaria, an Emerging Tourist Destination
- » Ryanair Cancels Flights due to Pilots Strike
- » Bulgaria's Trade Gap Widens in Jan-May
- » Bulgaria Approves Moldova Work Migration Agreement