Agriculture Ministry, Tobacco Producers Agree on Distribution of BGN 107 M in Top-up Payments
After nine hours of debates between senior officials of Bulgaria’s Agriculture Ministry and representatives of organizations of producers of different brands of tobacco, agreement was reached on the distribution of a total of BGN 107 M earmarked for top-up payments in the sector.
The two sides agreed on the following method of distribution, according to the press office of the Agriculture Ministry:
Tobacco of the Basmi variety group: 0-1000kg - BGN 39 per kg; 1001-2000kg – BGN 3 per kg; 2001- 45 million kg – BGN 2 per kg;
Kaba Kulak Type Tobacco - BGN 1.58 per kg;
Burley tobacco - BGN 1.15 per kg;
Virginia tobacco - BGN 0.91 per kg;
The decision is to be approved at a meeting of the Consultative Council on Tobacco next week.
Agriculture Minister Desislava Taneva, as cited by dnevnik.bg, reminded that the money allocated under the state budget was not a subsidy for the production of tobacco but for the reorientation to other alternative cultures.
Stressing that the opportunities of the state for supporting the tobacco sector decreased with each year, she made clear that tobacco producers could apply for funding for their new projects under the Rural Development Program 2014-2020.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Exports to Romania Increase by over 40%
- » Construction of the Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Connection will begin on February 1
- » Bulgaria: The Business Climate in Industry and Commerce is Improving
- » Bulgaria: Over 31% Jump in Electricity Production in November 2022
- » According to Deputy PM, it is Still Realistic for Bulgaria to Adopt the Euro in 2024
- » Bulgaria: Gas is Expected to be nearly 30% Cheaper in February, Heating and Electricity will Not Increase in price