Russia's Navalny Freed from Detention
Opposition leader and prominent blogger Alexey Navalny has been released from his 15-day custody in Moscow, his press secretary says.
Navalny was sentenced to a fortnight of administrative detention over multiple actions promoting a demonstation.
He had earlier demanded to be allowed to attend the funeral of Boris Nemtsov, the oppositioner who was shot dead near the Kremlin last Friday, but was denied the right to do so.
The rally he had sought to organize was the March 1 "anti-crisis" protest which actually turned into a morning march after Nemtsov's death.
Meanwhile the TIME magazine has included Navalny in its list of the world's top 30 most influential Internet users around the world."
The opposition leader has fallen into the same category with US President Barack Obama, singers Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift, writer J. K. Rowling and model Kim Kardashian.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Edward Snowden received a Russian Passport and can no longer be Extradited
- » Putin and Scholz discussed the "Grain Deal" and the Situation in Ukraine
- » Russian Sinologist: Within 10-15 years, the Balkans and Poland will want to join Russia
- » Russia to Stop Oil Supplies to countries that impose a Cap on its Price
- » Sweden arrests Married Couple from Russia for Espionage
- » Lavrov blamed the West for the war in Ukraine: "They've been planning it for years"