Bulgaria's Justice Minister Demands Dismissal of Suspended Sofia City Court Head
Justice Minister Hristo Ivanov stated Friday that he demands that the temporarily suspended Chair of the Sofia City Court, Vladimira Yaneva be officially fired.
Ivanov introduced a second proposal for a disciplinary action against Yaneva.
She submitted her resignation as a Chair of the Sofia City Court on February 24.
The cause was the so-called Worms operation regarding illegal wiretapping of government officials, where Yaneva signed documents approving the practice
Two weeks ago, she was removed from office by Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov on account of her signing the scandalous documents. No lawsuits have been filed against her.
Later last week, after a proposal made by the Chair of the Supreme Court of Cassation Lozan Panov and Justice Minister Hristo Ivanov, a disciplinary action was launched against Yaneva and her Deputy Bogdana Zhelyavska.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Man and a 15-year-old Boy Died in a Car Accident in Vidin region
- » Bulgaria: For 3,5 Years a Family cannot Bury their Daughter as it owes 27,000 leva to the Hospital
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 434 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny until the End of the Week
- » Nobel Prize in Medicine for mRNA Vaccines against COVID-19
- » Bulgaria: Bus with around 30 Migrants Crashed near Breznik