Ukraine Secures Russian Gas Supplies for Another Five Days, Gazprom Says
Ukraine has paid in advance USD 15 M to Russia for natural gas purchases that will meet its needs for five days, Gazprom has said.
Last month Ukraine’s Naftogaz pre-paid to Russia’s Gazprom for supplies that would run out on Friday.
"Naftogaz transferred million as a prepayment for March deliveries. These funds reached Gazprom's accounts today. This amount will cover 45.6 million cubic meters of gas,”RIA Novosti quoted Gazprom spokesman Sergei Kupriyanov as saying on Thursday.
Ukraine has been paying in advance for Russian gas since October 2014 after Gazprom halted deliveries last summer over unpaid debt owed by Naftogaz. The agreement for advance payments between Naftogaz and Gazprom will expire next month.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russian Foreign Minister: Our Patience is Running Out
- » US-Russia talks: Serious, Useful, Difficult, but No One Backed Down
- » Russia will take Fingerprints of all Foreigners and Test them for HIV
- » Mandatory Vaccination in Russia
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » A Record 1,178 Died of COVID-19 in Russia in the last 24 hours