Ukraine Secures Russian Gas Supplies for Another Five Days, Gazprom Says
Ukraine has paid in advance USD 15 M to Russia for natural gas purchases that will meet its needs for five days, Gazprom has said.
Last month Ukraine’s Naftogaz pre-paid to Russia’s Gazprom for supplies that would run out on Friday.
"Naftogaz transferred million as a prepayment for March deliveries. These funds reached Gazprom's accounts today. This amount will cover 45.6 million cubic meters of gas,”RIA Novosti quoted Gazprom spokesman Sergei Kupriyanov as saying on Thursday.
Ukraine has been paying in advance for Russian gas since October 2014 after Gazprom halted deliveries last summer over unpaid debt owed by Naftogaz. The agreement for advance payments between Naftogaz and Gazprom will expire next month.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia Closed the only Road to Georgia
- » Lavrov: Moldova could be the next Ukraine
- » The Number of Russian Soldiers Killed and Wounded is approaching 180,000, according to a Norwegian General
- » Russia on Petkov: The Emphasis is Not on the Weapons, but on the Fact that He initiated the Exclusion from SWIFT
- » Medvedev: If a Nuclear Power Loses a War, it can Trigger a Nuclear Conflict
- » Russian Politician demanded the Assassination of the German Foreign Minister