Landslide Stops Traffic in Bulgaria's Kresna Gorge
After a landslide in the area of ??the Kresna Gorge, a stretch of highway E-79 between Sandanski and Kulata was closed Thursday.
No injuries have been reported at this time and no cars have passed in the critical section of the motorway in the Blagoevgrad municipality.
Torrential rains have managed to break the landslide preventative net.
Traffic is re-routed along the so-called small tunnel in the gorge and is regulated by traffic policemen.
Regional Road Management Office representatives advise drivers to move cautiously along the circuitous route - in the old lane parallel to the main road. The motorway surfaces are all wet and pose danger for drivers.
- » More than 60 Were Killed in Blasts at Mosque in Afghanistan
- » Plane Overshot the Runway in Alaska
- » Five Casualties Following the Severe Earthquake in the Philippines
- » 35 Deaths Following a Serious Crash in Saudi Arabia
- » A Helicopter Crashed in Afghanistan, Leaving 7 Dead
- » A Plane from Moscow to Burgas Has Made an Emergency Landing after Passenger Took Gun Onboard