Border Police Allocates BGN 1.37M to New Vehicles to Counteract Refugee Wave
Chief Directorate Border Police is to counteract the expected refugee influx on the Bulgarian-Turkish border with new off-road vehicles.
The information is based on a tender released in the last days of February, according to a BGNES reporter.
Approximately BGN 1.37 M including VAT have been allocated for the expenditure and the main criterion will be the lowest price of offer. The amount is due to be paid through EU funding and the procedure will be expedited, as the vehicles need to be delivered by June of this year.
The Border Police office is to purchase a total of 8 off-road vehicles that also need to be furnished with dog cages. The unit price of each one need not exceed BGN 50 000 including VAT. Additionally, ten more patrol jeeps will be bought at a maximum price of BGN 78 000 including VAT.
Additionally, Migration Directorate to the Ministry of the Interior will buy a larger off-road vehicle with the capacity to transport people attempting to cross the border illegally. An ambulance is to be purchased as well, at a cost of up to BGN 120 000 including VAT.
The funding is provided through two EU programs - The External Borders Fund, and the European Commission's Return Fund.
Earlier in 2014, Bulgarian government announced that there will be an extension to the border fence aiming at preventing refugee influx from Turkey.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » “The EU Must Close its Borders to Migrants”, said the Slovenian Interior Minister
- » Bulgarian Border: 30 Illegal Migrants were Detained in Lyaskovets
- » Bulgarian Admiral: Modernization of our Army Can’t Compare to the Pace in Neighboring Countries
- » The Bulgarian Army will Assist the Interior Ministry in Guarding the State Border
- » Bulgaria: In September, Number of Detained Migrants was 28.9% Higher than in August
- » Foreigners with Positions in Bulgaria’s “Arsenal” Weapons Factory Left in Custody