Ukraine MPs Mull Setting Up 'Parliament Police' after Tuesday Fight
A Ukrainian lawmaker has proposed the creation of a "parliamentary police" after a new brawl that ended up violently on Tuesday, Russian media report.
Dmitro Dobrodomov told Ukrainian TV channel 112 "serious fights" required the measure if such incidents are to be prevented in the future.
The fight emerged as Oleg Lyashko, the leader of the Radical Party, hit Sergey Melnichuk, a lawmaker who passed to the ruling majority and was called "carcass" by the former MP. The term is commonly used in Ukraine's Parliament, the Verkhovna Rada, for lawmakers who take the step, supposedly "for money" as MPs remaining in opposition usually argue.
You can watch video footage of Tuesday's event here.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ukraine Has a New Prime Minister
- » Zelensky's Party is the Big Winner of the Ukrainian Elections
- » Opinion: Only Patriarch Filaret will Protect Ukrainian Faithful in Diaspora
- » Ukraine Bans Entry to Russian Adult Men: Border Service Chief
- » Ukraine Attempts Anti-Putin Protest at G20
- » Bessarabian Bulgarian Among the Ukrainian Sailors Captured by Russia