Russia's Putin Vows Justice after Boris Nemtsov Killing
Russian President Vladimir Putin has told murdered Boris Nemtsov's mother that "everything will be done" have the perpetrators and organizers "punished."
In a telegram to Ms Dina Yakovleva Eidmann published on the Kremlin's website, Putin has called the event of Friday evening a "vile and cynical act".
Some of Russia's opposition parties have attributed the murder to the President and his administration.
Putin himself believes it might have been "a provocation."
"Accept my deep condolence on the irreparable loss."
In his words, Nemtsov "left his mark on the history of Russia, in its political and social life." He happened take important positions "in a difficult transitional period for our country," the message reads further.
"He always declared his position openly and sincerely, defended his point of view."
- » A Large-Scale Protest of the Opposition Will Take Place in Moscow
- » 26 Independent Candidates Enter the Moscow Parliament
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement
- » Vladimir Putin is on a Working Visit to Italy
- » Putin: The EU Has Lost Nearly 5 Times More Than Russia For 5 Years of Sanctions Against It
- » At Least 37 Confirmed Dead After Explosion in Block of Flats in Eastern Russia