Russian Police Aware of Nemtsov's Last Route
Police have found four vehicles that CCTV systems spotted at the time and place of Boris Nemtsov's murder.
Nemtsov, an opposition politician, was shot 4-6 times in the back and died shortly before midnight on Thursday as he crossed a bridge in the view of the Kremlin. The fatal wound came from a shot in the heart, RT has reported.
A manhunt is now underway.
For investigators, it is now clear that the shooting had been carried out from a car.
Nemtsov was among dozens of politicians to take part in a rally scheduled March 1, but the event is now called off.
Police have been able to establish the route he followed by the time of the murder.
He met a friend near the Kremlin at about 23:00 local time, or 20:00 GMT. He then walked southeast for more than half an hour until he reached the Bolshoy Moskvoretsky bridge, where shots were fired from a passing white car. He was accompanied by a famous Ukrainian model, Anna Duritskaya.
The two were apparently heading to the famous Bolotnaya Square. The latter is related to 2012's massive anti-government protests and a subsequent trial launched by the state prosecution on violence against police.
A Russian-language website called "Meduza" claims that several people actually got out of a car that stopped at the bridge and fired shots.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Large-Scale Protest of the Opposition Will Take Place in Moscow
- » 26 Independent Candidates Enter the Moscow Parliament
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement
- » Vladimir Putin is on a Working Visit to Italy
- » Putin: The EU Has Lost Nearly 5 Times More Than Russia For 5 Years of Sanctions Against It
- » At Least 37 Confirmed Dead After Explosion in Block of Flats in Eastern Russia