Nemtsov Murder Looks Like 'Contract Killing', the Kremlin Says
The death of Russian opposition politician and former Deputy PM Boris Nemtsov resembles a contract killing, Russian authorities believe.
This comes after Nemtsov was shot dead on Friday, shorly before midnight local time (20:40 GMT).
Russia's President Vladimir Putin is now personally in control of the investigation, according to his spokesman Dmitry Peskov.
Putin said the murder ?might be a provocation" and should be investigated immediately.
He extended his condolence to Nemtsov's family and relatives and condemned the killing.
As more and more details emerge as released by officials, it is reported that he was accompanied by a woman at the time of the incident.
He was in the center of Moscow, near the Kremlin.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Putin: Start Mass Vaccination against COVID-19 in Russia Next Week
- » Russia – The 5th Most Popular Bitcoin Investments Destination
- » Moscow Imposes New COVID-19 Rules for Bars and Discos
- » A Large-Scale Protest of the Opposition Will Take Place in Moscow
- » 26 Independent Candidates Enter the Moscow Parliament
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement