Uber Bulgaria To Be Investigated by Authorities
The Bulgarian National Income agency, Ministries of the Interior and Transport are organizing a joint inspection on the activities of Uber Bulgaria - an internationl transportation company that is a direct competitor to local taxi firms.
It is expected that through the help of secret customers, the government officials will be able to establish violations to trade and road laws, as reported by OFF News.
After just a month of its operation in Bulgaria, Uber has already been reported numerously to authorities on account of law violations by competing taxi companies, thus provoking local authorities to launch an investigation.
Uber is a transportation company, offering similar services to those of taxi companies, but at much lower rates. It was established in 2009 in the US, and a year later began its official activities. In 2011 the company came to Europe causing a number of debates and dubious reactions. Bulgaria was included in the list in December 2014.
The service was banned in a number of European locations, including Germany's Frankfurt, and most recently in France since January of 2015.
Anyone could easily become a Uber driver. There three simple requirements - the driver must have had a driving license for at least three years, and a car with no more than 10 years on the road. Additionally, Uber officially requests a driving record from the local Road Police Office to reaffirm suitability.
Uber cars, however, are never registered as transportation vehicles. The registration for the service is done online and the payments are also made through the credit or debit cards of customers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Jeeps Will No Longer Be Available For Tourists and Off-Road Adventurers in The Area of the Seven Rila Lakes
- » Israel Lists Bulgaria Among "Green" Countries for Travel
- » Largest Seaside Resort in Bulgaria - Sunny Beach to Close the Season by September 10th
- » Ministry of Finance Offering Tax Relief for Home Renovation in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Economy Minister: New SME Grant of BGN 80 Million in September
- » Bulgaria's Prosecutor Office: The Port and Buildings within Dogan's Beachside Mansion in Rosenets Are Illegal