Bulgaria 19th in EU by Agricultural Production
Bulgaria is 19th in the EU by agricultural output with a score of EUR 3.8 B, according to Eurostat data, as cited by news portal Romania Insider.
Romania’s total agricultural production reached EUR 15.48 B in 2014, placing the country eight in the EU.
France tops the EU ranking with agricultural production totaling EUR 70.58 B, followed by Germany with EUR 51 B, Italy with EUR 48.3 B, Spain with EUR 41.1 B, the UK with EUR 30.57 B, the Netherlands with EUR 26.7 B, and Poland with EUR 22.5 B.
The productivity of Romanian farmers, however, is low, taking into account the large total area of agricultural land, at 13.3 million hectares, according to Eurostat data for 2013.
Romania’s average productivity stands at EUR 1160 per hectare, compared to Poland’s EUR 1560 per hectare, Hungary’s EUR 1660 per hectare, and the Czech Republic’s EUR 1380 per hectare.
Bulgaria’s agricultural productivity amounts to EUR 850 per hectare.
Romania ranks fifth in the EU by production of cereals with 20.9 million tonnes of cereals, accounting for 7% of the total EU production of 305.7 million tonnes, according to Eurostat, as cited by Romania Insider.
Bulgaria is ninth with 9.15 million tonnes of cereals, or nearly 3% of the total.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » France has filled its Gas Storages to 100%
- » A Global Manufacturer from the Automotive Industry will invest in Bulgaria
- » For the first Nine Months of 2022, St. Nikola Wind Farm generated 7% more Energy Y/Y
- » Voter Turnout at 17.6% by 13 pm: Survey
- » Europe Gaming Market Value In 2022
- » The Bulgarian-Greek Gas Connection was officially launched in Sofia (UPDATED)