Judge at Supreme Court of Cassation Appointed Interim Head of Sofia City Court
The Supreme Judicial Council (VSS) has accepted the resignation of Vladimira Yaneva from the post of Sofia City Court Chair and elected Vladimir Yordanov, judge at the Supreme Court of Cassation (VKS) as interim head of the court.
Yordanov’s appointment as interim Chair of the Sofia City Court was proposed by Lozan Panov, VKS Chair.
Yaneva was removed from office by the VSS last week due to an ongoing prove against her concerning unauthorized approval of special surveillance equipment permits.
Panov, as cited by the BGNES news agency, insisted that the Sofia City Court had to be governed by a judge outside the court in order to guarantee peace at the unit until the election of a permanent head.
He told journalists that the procedure for the election of Yaneva’s successor had to be as quick as possible as the Sofia City Court could not stay long without a Chair.
Panov argued that it was absolutely possible for a member of the Sofia City Court to be appointed as its permanent Chair.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Bus with around 30 Migrants Crashed near Breznik
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 33 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Increasingly Chilly in the Morning and Warm in the Afternoon
- » Bulgaria: Sirens Today as the National Early Warning System will be Tested
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 231 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly Morning, Warm Afternoon