Parliament Elects Daniela Daritkova as New Healthcare Commission Chief
Bulgaria’s Parliament on Thursday elected Daniela Daritkova as head of its Healthcare Commission, replacing Gen. Stoyan Tonev.
Daritkova is member of Parliament from GERB, the largest party in the minority coalition government led by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
The lawmakers on Wednesday voted Gen. Tonev out of office. He resigned a day earlier over allegations of wrongdoing and corruption at Sofia-based Military Medical Academy at the time when he was its director.
Daritkova briefly headed the Healthcare Commission during GERB’s previous government (2009-2013).
- » Kim Jong Un Visiting China
- » Bulgaria Takes Forward the Debate on the Future of the Common Agricultural Policy
- » South Pacific Regional Fisheries Management Organisation: Council Adopts New Rules
- » EU Priorities in the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation: Council Conclusions
- » North Sea Fisheries: Council Adopts Multiannual Management Plan
- » Aarhus Convention: Council Decision to Strengthen Access to Justice in Environmental Matters